Safety Guidelines and Instructions
Please read and understand these Guidelines and Instructions in its entirety before installing, using or charging your LiFeBlue Li-ion battery pack. Failure to do so may result in fire, personal injury or damage to property.
By purchasing LiFeBlue batteries you are agreeing to these Guidelines and Instructions. LiFeBlue assumes no liability or warranty claim for any failure to comply with these Guidelines and Instructions. The buyer assumes all risks associated with LiFeBlue product.
1. Every LiFeblue battery includes a Battery Management System (BMS). The battery pack and cells are monitored and automatically protected by the BMS system against over-charge, over-discharge and other conditions. However, you the user are ultimately responsible for the safe operation of the battery.
2. Always install the proper circuit protection, a fuse, breaker or other current interruption device, designed for any circuit that is connected to a LiFeBlue battery.
3. Always use the proper battery charger to charge LiFeBlue Li-ion batteries. If a non-approved LiFeBlue charger is desired, buyer must submit specifications of the charger to LiFeBlue for review and approval prior to use.
4. Read and understand the specifications of LiFeBlue battery before usage or charging. Always charge and discharge LiFeblue battery within the specified parameters found on the data sheet.
5. Battery must installed to avoid any movement of battery, connections, wiring and or connected electronics. Never connect or use LiFeblue battery if it is not securely mounted to prevent movement.
6. Avoid short circuiting battery cells or packs. A short circuit condition will cause permanent damage to battery cells and packs and possibly create an unsafe operating condition which may result in a fire. Use caution when installing bus bars or cables the cell terminals. Tools, such as screw drivers and wrenches should be an electrically insulated type.
7. Battery terminals, bus bars or cables are must be kept kept clean and dry. All screws must be tightened properly on the battery terminals before battery is used. Loose connections will result in high contact resistance, heat generation, and can potentially be a fire hazard.
8. Bus bars, terminal connectors and cables must be adequately sized to handle the maximum charge and discharge current. Inadequately sized bus bars, connectors or cables will cause over-heating and are a potential fire hazard. It is the installers responsibility to properly size all conductors used with LiFeBlue batteries.
9. There is risk of electric shock when working on a Li-ion battery pack. Always wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when working on a battery pack per Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and National Electric Code (NEC) guidelines.
Storage & Transportation
Store battery in cool, dry environment.
Do not store in direct sunlight. Discharge battery to 50% SoC before storage.
Check battery SOC every 3 months and recharge as necessary.
Read and follow all instructions for use, storage and disposal of this battery.
Do not allow children or pets to contact battery.
Do not overcharge the battery.
Do not allow over voltage to the battery.
Do not drop the battery.
Do not immerse the battery in water.
Do not install the battery near any heat source or open flame.
Do not store battery where terminals may contact metal.
Do not short positive and negative terminals.
Do not connect reverse polarity.
Improper use may cause fire, rupture, damage or capacity deterioration of the battery.
Do not disassemble the battery.
Do not combine more than 4 batteries in parallel.
Do not connect batteries of different age or capacity in parallel.
Do not connect batteries in series.
For any questions regarding the above Guidelines and Instructions please contact us.