Installation Guidelines and Instructions
Please read and understand these Guidelines and Instructions in its entirety before installing, using or charging your LiFeBlue Li-ion battery pack. If you are unsure about any of these guidelines, stop, do not install or use the battery and consult a professional.
LiFeBlue assumes no liability and no warranty claim exists for any failure to comply with these Guidelines and Instructions. The buyer assumes all risks associated with LiFeBlue product.
IMPORTANT PROCEDURE FOR SERIES BATTERY INSTALLATION
Do not install any LiFeBlue battery in series before performing these steps. Failure to follow this procedure may damage your battery pack.
Any LiFeBlue battery to be used in series must be charged and balanced before use.
1. Charge each battery at the voltage specified in the data sheet until the current drops to 10 amperes.
2. Connect all battery packs in parallel and let rest for 4 hours. This will insure that all batteries are at the same potential.
3. After 4 hours, disconnect the parallel battery packs and connect in series for use.
Additional Battery Safety Guidelines and Instructions
1. Every LiFeblue battery includes an automatic Battery Management System (BMS). The battery pack and cells are monitored and automatically protected by the BMS system against over-charge, over-discharge and other conditions. However, you the user are ultimately responsible for the safe operation of the battery.
2. Always install the proper circuit protection, a fuse, circuit breaker or other current interruption device, sized for any branch circuit that is connected to a LiFeBlue battery.
3. Always use the proper battery charger to charge LiFeBlue Li-ion batteries. If you are unsure about your charger, contact LiFeBlue for information and any special instructions prior to use.
4. Read and understand the specifications of LiFeBlue battery before installation, usage or charging. Always charge and discharge LiFeblue battery within the specified parameters found on the data sheet.
5. Battery must be securely installed to avoid any movement of battery, connections, wiring and connected devices. Never use LiFeblue battery in any vehicle if it is not securely mounted to prevent movement.
6. Avoid short circuiting battery cells or packs. A short circuit condition may cause permanent damage to battery cells and possibly create an unsafe operating condition. Use caution when installing bus bars or cables. Tools, such as screw drivers and wrenches should be an electrically insulated type.
7. Battery terminals, bus bars or cables must be free from acid from any previous use and kept kept clean and dry. All fasteners must be tightened properly on the battery terminals before battery is used. Loose connections will result in high contact resistance, heat generation, and can potentially be a fire hazard. Torque each terminal bolt to 9 N-m or 80 in-lb. Do not over tighten. Check bolt torque periodically.
8. Bus bars, terminal connectors and cables must be adequately sized to handle the maximum charge and discharge current. Inadequately sized bus bars, connectors or cables may cause over-heating and are a potential fire hazard. It is the installers responsibility to properly size all conductors used with LiFeBlue batteries.
9. There is risk of electric shock when working on a Li-ion battery pack. Always wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when working on a battery pack per Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and National Electric Code (NEC) guidelines.
10. LiFeBlue Battery shall not be used in connection with life support systems, life saving or other medical equipment or devices. Use of LiFeBlue Battery with this type equipment is at your own risk.